Thermo Auricular Therapy, Brief History
Ear candles are an ancient and natural therapy handed down by many civilisations and used as far afield as Asia, the Siberian prairies, and most notably native America. It is from this part of the world that the oldest tribe of Pueblo people, with their great medicinal knowledge and spirituality give their name to the candles we call Hopi. Incidentally hopi means “Peaceful people”.
The Ear Candling Treatment
The treatment is very relaxing, soothing and warming. It helps to de-stress the mind and body whilst improving circulation and stimulating the lymphatic system thus in turn, helping to strengthen the immune system. It requires no undressing and concludes with a very relaxing sinus/face massage.
We only use Biosun Hopi Ear Candles as they are certified medical products according to EC guidelines 93/42 (EEC). The cylindrical shaped cones, which are hollow, are each approximately 9″ long. They contain a filter which prevents any candle residue from entering inside the ear. They are made of natural ingredients and are based on a traditional formula which originated with the tribes in Arizona in the South West USA.
The candles contain
- 100% pure beeswax – which is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory & fights infections;
- Honey extracts – clinically shown to help sufferers with hay fever;
- Sage – a herb which is anti-inflammatory & astringent;
- St. John’s Wort – which is anti-inflammatory & astringent. It is gently relaxing & has a restorative effect on the nervous system;
- Chamomile – a perennial herb which is anti-inflammatory, astringent & is useful for mental stress, anxiety & nervous excitability;
- Beta-Carotene (Vitamin A) – which was the first vitamin to be discovered. It fights infections & strengthens the immune system;
- Pesticide free woven cotton.
The cylindrical shaped cones, which are hollow, are each approximately 9″ long. They contain a filter which prevents any candle residue from entering inside the ear.
Benefits of Thermo Auricular Therapy
- Excessive or compacted ear wax;
- Allergic rhinitis/Hayfever;
- Glue ear;
- Noises in the ear/Tinnitus;
- Menieres Disease/Balance disorder;
- Swimmer’s ear/Surfer’s ear/Diver’s ear;
- Flying problems and pressure regulation
- Loss of smell.
This treatment is relaxing and warming. A gentle face massage after the treatment, helps to disperse the vapors throughout the sinuses and makes this treatment pleasurable as well as practical. For treatment price please click here.